What a year it’s been at Code42!
For us, 2016 was a year of growth and change. The theme of the year was “evolution,” as we evolved both the product and our interactions with our customers. That’s why we named our first annual global customer conference Evolution16.
Evolution was also the driving force behind the ongoing product development of Code42 CrashPlan, which added capabilities to support the evolving needs of our customers.
Our product mission is guided by the following criteria:
- Backup: Help customers back up critical data
- Visibility: So they can identify business risk
- Recovery: Respond to data threats
In 2016, our product releases exemplified our commitment to easier management, streamlined workflows and valuable insights into endpoint data to better guide decision-making and help remediate and recover from incidents like ransomware and insider threat. This year, Code42 released four new versions—5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4. Here are the top 10 highlights:
- A Reporting Web App to provide customers with easier access to statistics on their Code42 environment
- Bandwidth management controls to configure bandwidth limits based on device location, day or time to better control network usage
- Endpoint monitoring capabilities to identify risk to intellectual property from departing employees
- A device migration wizard to support user-driven device replacements, mitigating downtime, reducing IT workload, and keeping users productive
- Backup of Windows user profile settings to facilitate a seamless transition during Windows device migrations
- New compliance settings and controls, which allow customers to automatically satisfy compliance requirements in just a few clicks
- A new App Downloads interface to help administrators more easily track and manage client upgrades
- Enhancements to the legal hold web app, which enable legal professionals to create and manage their own holds
- Dozens of platform security updates and improvements
- 200+ other fixes and enhancements
In 2017, we will continue to focus our product development efforts on areas that will provide our customers with a comprehensive strategy to counter the all-too-familiar business blind spot: unpredictability. Expect upcoming Code42 product releases to feature exciting updates to capabilities, including proactive mitigation of insider threat, advanced ransomware remediation and additional cloud deployment options to continue to meet the evolving security needs of organizations.
Upgrade Code42 CrashPlan today
If you’re not on the latest version of the Code42 platform, upgrade to version 5.4 to take advantage of this year’s product advancements. We think you’ll be pleased with the updated tools and features.