Wow! What a great time we had at Evolution19 in Denver, April 30 to May 2. The event was jam packed with educational sessions, many opportunities to network and meet other customers, hear about product roadmap and what to expect from Code42 in the coming year. Evolution19 attendees heard about this year’s focus on actionable data insights, including new dashboards and alerting, which are coming soon. In addition, customers can expect new data security applications developed on top of the platform to support insider threat workflows, such as departing employees, workforce reductions and more. Be sure to stay up-to-date on product news by joining the Code42 customer community and registering for our quarterly product webinars.
Watch Evolution19 highlights.
And now, the Evolution19 Top 5:
5. Seattle Police Department Detective Ian Polhemus and Police Dog Bear: Okay, a dog as a keynote? Yes. We heard Ian talk about security and how Bear locates items you can’t easily see. This visibility message hit home for attendees as they thought about how effectively and quickly they can investigate and remediate data following a breach. If your organization is still challenged to understand the forensics of a breach or attack and recover your data, just think of Code42 as your own personal Bear.
4. Upgrades: Upgrading to a Code42 cloud solution is so easy that one of your peers moved to the cloud while onsite at Evolution19! As you embark on your own digital transformation, an upgrade gives you access to our best security and risk management tools.
It was exciting to see IT teams working hand-in-hand with their partners in Security to develop data protection strategies that really serve their businesses–we had some big teams attend Evolution19 together this year, and they were able to make some key decisions on site.
3. Education and Training: Knowledge is power and you knocked it out of the park at Evolution19! A total of 35 people successfully became certified Code42 Administrators. We offered two certification classes and certified almost 50 admins and help desk staff. More than 90 customers took part in seven educational workshops that were hosted during the event. Five people also took our new Security Specialist exam that was offered as part of the Code42 Next-Gen DLP workshop.
2. The Evolutionaries: We love to honor attendees for demonstrating their strength in security and creating a better workplace for the businesses they serve. This year, there were 30 finalists for the Evolutionaries and 10 winners. Watching the winners dance up onto the stage was a true highlight of this year’s Evolutionaries security industry awards.
1. Networking: We heard all over the conference that the best times were when people had time to connect and learn from other Code42 customers. Whether it was dancing at Lucky Strike, earning cash through questions in sessions, meeting others or petting puppies from the Denver Animal Shelter, this group took advantage of this unique chance to network; it was very fun to watch.
But don’t take our word for it. Here’s what Evolution19 attendees had to say:
“Evolution19 has delivered on its promise. From panel sessions, workshops, product training and certification courses, Code42 has once again shown its commitment to its customers.”Zerin Dube, Code42 customer and HFF Engineering Director
I debated going this year (since I just attended in 2018). So glad I went! Tons of new, valuable information; I reconnected with peers and colleagues; and saw the best doggone keynote speaker ever!”David Paul, Code42 customer
“Finishing up an awesome few days here in Denver for Evolution19. Thank you to the Code42 team for putting on such a great event. Lots of fun, learning and connecting. Congrats to MACOMs own David Chiang on his Evangelist award! #thankyou #denver #code42 #macomlife”Lauren Walsh, Code42 customer
It’s Time to Rethink DLP