Turn endpoint data into valuable security insights, lock user access to data that may be compromised, and experience a simpler, faster platform.
We are pleased to announce that Code42’s 6.0 platform is generally available today! This latest version introduces several new features and upgrades, including:
- Security Center, which provides the ability to create thresholds for user data activity and configure automatic notifications.
- Access Lock, which enables administrators to prevent unauthorized access to all content on a device.
- Refreshed administration console design.
- A simplified process for managing legal holds.
- New subscription options called product plans enable administrators to customize which features are available in their Code42 environment.
Starting in the 5-series, Code42 began making significant strides towards solving some of today’s most pressing security concerns for our customers. With Security Center, Code42 provides enterprises with proactive alerts to detect and mitigate insider threat incidents. Leveraging Code42’s multiple-purpose single agent, this app tracks user behavioral patterns based on profile settings, letting you track when data movements exceed established thresholds. Specifically, this allows you to focus on data exfiltration to removable media and cloud storage folders.
A new feature added by popular demand, Access Lock allows customers to place a device-level lock on users that may be compromising data. Access Lock was built as an immediate action step to the alerts that may be triggered by Security Center. Unlike conventional Remote Wipe approaches, the Code42 approach is unique in that we prevent access to all data on the device, not just the data tagged for backup!
In addition to the introduction of new features, 6.0 also comes with a number of exciting platform updates to significantly speed up and ease your Code42 experience. These updates span the Code42 dashboard experience, Cold Storage management, license subscription management and Legal Hold enhancements.