We are pleased to announce the release of Code42 CrashPlan version 5.2. We’ve strengthened our core backup and recovery platform with feature enhancements that make it easier for CrashPlan administrators to manage, monitor and customize their environments.
The endpoint backup market has evolved a lot in the last year—and so has CrashPlan. Since the 4.2 release on May 26, 2015, we’ve invested in features and functions to streamline workflows, deliver more value from backup archives and reduce time and resource constraints for our customers.
In the releases between versions 4.2 and 5.2, we’ve added:
- AES 256-bit encryption—the gold standard for data encryption.
- IPv6 compatibility to support IPv4, IPv6 or dual stack environments.
- Single sign-on with LDAP authorization for authentication and user management.
- Per-user CrashPlan installation to support backups of multi-user devices.
- A refreshed, modern client interface for an improved user experience.
- A pre-compiled Java service so you can stop managing Java on the endpoint.
- A legal hold web app that allows legal professionals to create and manage holds without IT involvement.
- A device replacement wizard to drive costs out of tech refresh by enabling user-driven data migrations.
- A reporting web app to provide you with statistics on your Code42 environment (enhanced in 5.2).
- Advanced bandwidth management controls to enable schedule-based, and now site-based, throttling (new in 5.2).
- Secure, full-text file search to increase forensic analytics through discovery on user archives (enhanced in 5.2).
- Endpoint monitoring capabilities to identify data loss via insider threats (enhanced in 5.2).
- The Code42 app for Splunk to provide joint customers with five insightful dashboard reports.
- Improved co-branding and customization support demonstrate enterprise proprietorship and boost end-user adoption (new in 5.2).
- Database sanitization to allow admins to export their database for troubleshooting without exposing sensitive information.
- Secure automatic keystore to better protect your Code42 server database (new in 5.2).
- Dozens of platform security updates and improvements.
- 200+ other fixes and enhancements.
If you’re not on the latest version of the Code42 platform, we hope you will upgrade and take advantage of these product advancements.
Thanks for being a customer.