I’ve been a user of security information and event management (SIEM) software for over a decade now. I loved it back in 2006, and it’s been incredible to watch SIEM tools evolve into a data security tool category that brings together a powerful community of administrators and a rich ecosystem of vendors, integrators and enhancements that continue to redefine adaptive response.
When I joined Code42, I was pleased to see that the company was already partnering with SIEM providers. Together, we are providing our customers an even more expanded view into the data that is living on their devices.
Code42 + SIEM: We’re both in the business of business resiliency
Code42 has always been a natural complement to SIEM solutions — and vice versa. In fact, to a large extent, Code42 and SIEM software share the same goals:
- Securing your digital environment and protecting your data.
- Monitoring activities in your environment and detecting threats —whether it’s an external attack or an insider threat.
- Ensuring resiliency through rapid incident response and guaranteed recovery.
- Enabling advanced investigation and forensics.
Or, to put it simply: We both help you prevent bad things from happening to your data and your ideas — and if something bad does happen, we help you see it quickly and recover faster.
A powerful integration for visualization
As SIEM technology has evolved, Code42’s ability to integrate into SIEM ecosystems has also grown, allowing you to take the comprehensive data collection and data visibility you get from Code42 and feed it into your analytics-driven SIEM tool.
What’s that really mean for you? Code42-specific dashboards within SIEM applications, so you can easily visualize some of the things that matter most, such as:
In other words, you get real-time feedback on how we’re protecting your information and any risks that exist. And by integrating directly into your ecosystem and your SIEM, the same data auditing functions you use today can be applied to your Code42 solution. Your existing alerting and workflow pipeline can drive the Code42 alerts. That means we’ve made it easier for you to get up and running, easier for you to stay secure and faster for you to respond to events.
- Prioritizing alerts: Leverage your SIEM’s smart monitoring capabilities for an at-a-glance look at your most critical alerts — failed backups, server issues, data exfiltration, etc. — so you can prioritize action.
- Validating backups: Get a real-time look at how many users, how many devices and how much data are covered by Code42.
- Monitoring endpoint data storage: See exactly how much data is being stored in each device — so you can see if that number changes drastically or unexpectedly.
- Classifying endpoint data: Know what kinds of files you’re backing up —how much of your storage is made up of Word docs, emails, Excel files, coding files, etc.
Like any good partnership, this one’s all about synergy. In this case, it’s synergistic visibility (say that five times fast!). Code42 brings deeper visibility to SIEM applications, so the powerful tools can see all the data living on all your devices. And SIEM tools give you an intuitive visualization of Code42 —both how Code42 is protecting your data, and what your users are doing with your data. All that adds up to identifying risks sooner and enabling faster remediation, so you can keep risks from becoming irreparable damage. Together, we’re helping you make smarter, better decisions in less time.
Code42 Forensic File Search